AfterShokz Air Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
Open-Ear Design. Bone conduction technology leaves ears open to ambient sounds while delivering premium audio.
- Bone conduction technology and open Fit design delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to ambient sounds for maximum situational awareness during long-term wear.
- The new, organic, wraparound design is 20% lighter than its counterpart to deliver a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability.
- Bluetooth V4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
- Premium pitch plus guarantees a Premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass.Frequency response: 20Hz~20KHz
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge, or 20 days of standby time. Charges in 2 hours.
Jamie P –
I have perforated my right eardrum twice and my left once while serving over seas in a combat zone. These headphones are the perfect solution to my hearing problems as they bypass the ear canals. The bone conduction is fantastic, and I would not give these up for anything.
These headphones are everything they advertise to be, I love how well they work. I can listen to music while running and still hear everything around me, it’s the best. I find listening at around 1/3~1/2 volume is the best, if you crank them up too high they do start vibrating slightly against your skin and other folks start being able to hear them. My one complaint is the size of the band. It’s so large that it sticks out about an inch or so off the back of my head/neck which makes it so if I try to lean my head on anything or lie down it shoves the headphones out of place. I really wish AfterShokz would make these in small, medium, and large or something like that. I would love love love to have a pair where the band was more fitted to me
I first seen these in an airport and was able to listen to them and instantly loved them. When I got home I made the purchase and have been very happy I did. I am able to hold conversations with others in the gym w/out having to mute the music. The only time I experienced the vibration that others have mentioned was when there was a lot of bass in the songs, but if not a lot of bass, then no issues. Sound is good, fit is great, and the battery life is what you would expect (a weeks worth for me). If you really don’t like earbuds or if you have problems with them staying in while you are exercising, then these are great. All in all these are the best headphones I’ve ever had.
I have microtia. I don’t have an ear canal or eardrum in my right ear. This product enables me to hear stereo! I strongly recommend this product for persons who have a hearing impairment but still have a functioning cochlea in either ear. It’s quality product.
This product is comfortable (except if you have a coat on, it will often get almost tangled up with your coat.) I have found in noisy situations, it doesn’t seem real clear. There have been times that while I am driving, I will be talking to someone on the phone and they will tell me later that it was very hard to understand. Sometimes it seems to have been directly related to being caught on my coat while turning my head and the bone conduction sensors are not making good contact and therefore it becomes difficult for them to hear. I’m not completely down on it, just some negatives I have encountered.
For this type of headphone I am experiencing decent sound quality both in and out, and build quality is excellent. Comfortable and lightweight when wearing, and easy to forget you have them on. Buttons work well, pairs easily, and I’m guessing this headset should last quite a while if not overly abused.