NoxGear Tracer360 Illuminated Running Vest
Revolutionary Illuminated Vest for Running or Cycling with Multicolored LED Fiber Optics built into the vest’s fabric. The NoxGear Tracer360 is engineered to enhance your safety by making you more visible to drivers. Darkness shouldn’t keep you from enjoying a run, ride or walk. With the rising risk of incidents caused by distracted driving in mind, the NoxGear Tracer360 was carefully engineered to provide you maximum visibility year-round, regardless of weather, all without slowing you down.
- VARIABLE COLORS IN ONE ILLUMINATED VEST – Change between 6 super bright solid colors – Red, Blue, Purple, Pink, Green, and Orange AND 5 eye catching multicolor flashing modes – Our special illumination modes are based on visual science to give visibility to you and warning to motorists. Modes are easily selectable at the press of a button, easy to access if you’re walking, running, playing ultimate Frisbee, riding a horse, or even riding a motorcycle.
- TRUE 360 DEGREE ILLUMINATION, REFLECTIVITY, & FLUORESCENCE – Unlike other reflective running vests and hi viz cycling gear, our flexible fiber optic cables, and 3M reflector chest belts actively keep you safe by alerting distracted drivers and traffic before their headlights are on you. The unique X shape of the led lights guarantees a larger visibility area, illuminating both sides of the body and making you visible from over a quarter mile in any direction
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE, & EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE – If it’s for a short jog in the morning with the kids, walking your dogs in the evening, or an all night solo ride, at only 6.5 oz – you’ll forget you’re wearing it. Using High Quality Sports Mesh and elastic makes the Tracer360 Sweat Resistant, Chafe-free, comfy to wear. The slim, minimalist design ensures minimal fabric-to-body contact, less sweat-trapping, and helps it not interfere with your HRM (heart rate monitor)
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE – WEAR IT ANYTIME OF YEAR – Expand it to fit over your cold weather coat or jacket or adjust it down to fit more snug on t-shirts or singlets during those hot summer night activities. Experience a perfect fit and zero bounce, no matter the season or clothes, Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter, the Tracer360 will go as long as you do, even rain and snow won’t slow you down with the water resistant design
- ENGINEERED FOR EXCELLENCE – Noxgear was founded by engineer athletes, who continue to apply the same rigor and discipline as they did designing rockets and robots to providing you a 5-star product with 5-star customer service.
arden r. –
I bought this vest to go with the LightHound dog harnesses. The price was the same as the harnesses ($59.99) which I felt to be a bit steep considering the construction feels flimsier. One of the plastic cables used to transmit the LED light has broken within 6 months and reduced the usability of the item.I like the low profile and lightweight design; however, it is not rechargeable and requires multiple AAA batteries. This means it can run longer on a low charge but will remain in the red (low battery indicator) for a long time before the batteries finally die. It can mean needing to carry spare batteries if the vest has been in the red a while. I think this would benefit from a rechargeable battery option.It comes with multiple light options: rainbow pulse, rainbow strobe, rainbow cycle, solid pulse, solid strobe, and solid static. The colours are white, blue, green, purple, pink, and red. The vest will turn red when the battery is low so I don’t recommend choosing red as your default colour. The downside is that you have to cycle through the options with the on/off button so it can take a little time.The chest strap is an elastic safety yellow with reflector strip and connects in front with a quick release clasp. The straps are also adjustable with plastic cinches. You may have to ajust the width as the vest does move a bit when running. The shoulder “straps” are plastic, similar to fibre optic cables. They attach at both ends to the LED emitting housing and pass through the elastic chest harness in front. There are two plastic toggles in front to adjust the fit as well. The toggles do slide as you move and I’ve found I’ve had to constantly adjust the harness. I’m a female and I found the harness to drift to one side and the “straps” getting in the way or falling off my shoulder. A male user may not experience the same problems.The toggles also create kinks in the plastic cables which cause damage over time. Wearing the harness with a hip pack will also cause damage to the cables. I found one of the cables broken during a walk/run. It broke near where it attaches to the LED housing and I cannot find a way to reattach it without losing the LED directivity and therefore, the optimum illumination.I’ve used it in light to heavy rain but, considering my experience with the LightHound, am leery of declaring it properly waterproof. It does seem to be relatively water resistant though. it definitely stands out well against a black outfit and makes me feel safer when on or near the road in low light. I think this would also be good for cyclists as it provides the kind of visibility and silhouette definition blinker lights can’t.I’m including a video of the LightHound harness to show how the colour cycling works. It’s got the same set-up as the Tracer360.PROS:LightweightEasily adjustable sizingCompact sizeMultiple colour optionsHigh illumination factorCONS:Not rechargeableFlimsy feeling designPrice
The light is really bright and you get to choose from 5 different colours or a flashing combination of colours. Once you have selected the colour setting you like when you turn off then turn on again it remembers what you previously had selected. It is really light weight and I know this is a selling point but the plastic box that the cables come out from seems to be cheap quality plastic. I have only had this product for a week and cannot comment about its durability though.
Richard Ortel –
It’s nice that a few companies are trying to make something like this, but they have much to improve before it can be called a great product.Here is my feedback as a former competitive runner and who still tries to run as fast as possible off of 60-mile weeks and a limited number of workouts: – you have to wear the chest strap rather tight to keep the back module from moving around – it’s not ideal to have to place the strap near the diaphragm where it is just uncomfortable and also gets in the way of any heart monitor strap you may have – it causes shirts and jackets ride up a bit which leads to chafing – it obviously keeps clothing tight against the body which causes more sweat – it is not easy to clean once it is sweaty and smelly – unless you get a get a size too small, the tubing is a bit loose around the waist and easily catches swinging hands when running (have to use bread ties in the back to keep the tubing tighter and closer to the body) – the module seems unnecessarily big – the clamps that keep the tubing in place end up damaging the tubing over timeIt would be great to simply have tubing that could thread around the shoulders/waist of a normal lightweight reflective vest with a small battery case that could clip onto pants/shorts. However, as far as I know, that product doesn’t yet exist and this might be the best option we have in the meantime.
T R –
Wow! What a cool product 🙂 There is no way you’re going to get missed on a dark night wearing these, you go down the road like a flashing Christmas tree – it’s great! But seriously, this is one of the best and most safety conscious products I have ever seen, sure you might expect a kid of 12 to wear it, but you know what? You just get knocked down once and you could be critical – this is potentially a life changing bit of gear. Thoroughly recommended
Karl Can –
This was fantastic for wearing while pushing my late Father’s wheelchair along an unlit road when on the way to/from the village pub! The only thing I would say is that it’s quite hard to reach the on/off/mode change button in the middle of your back …..!
Update from my previous post. Having now arrived, not the sellers fault but amazon delivery problem, the actual product is very good looking. Well packaged. Easy to wear and operate. Using it for horse riding and dog walking. A very clever way of advertising you’re presence to other road users.
After seeing ads for this on Facebook, and after being repeatedly reminded by my wife that I should have some sort of safety gear on for running after dark, I decided to try this out. I love that it is lightweight, easily adjustable and VERY visible. The light button is easy to reach, even while wearing, so if you need to turn it off or want to change between the many color options (including flashing light options), it’s simple to do on the fly. The chest strap clasps securely and I don’t see this as having any durability issues.If I had one gripe about it, I haven’t quite dialed in the fit yet. The chest strap seems to shift up, although not horribly, during runs. Again, this might bother me more than others, but it’s definitely not enough to keep me from highly recommending this product. Even though the band shifts, the battery pack stays in place, and I haven’t noticed any distracting movement from it.I’d choose this 10 out of 10 times over a safety vest.
Eoin F –
nice and light with good brightness. Get 3 or 4 days with rechargeable batteries. The top of the battery pack is pointy and with a bag can hit your head just a bit. Better design would be to smooth it out and use softer material for this part. Just minor suggestion.